Today we have a national reality show that could be called, “The Government Knows Best.” Unfortunately, the government doesn’t solve problems. It creates them.
A few tragic examples:
This program, and its mandated coverages, continues to blow up the cost structure for health care.
The cost of insurance is skyrocketing. Deductibles are going up. More and more people are asking “can I afford my insurance or should I go uninsured and rely on the emergency room?”
Here’s one actual case study:
- For 2016, this person’s individual monthly premium went up $100 to $585; a 20% increase.
- Their deductible went up 30%, from $3500 to $4500.
- These were on top of increases the previous two years.
This trend will quickly make insurance unaffordable for millions of Americans!
The Environmental Protection Agency continues its anti-energy mandate. They want to “outlaw” coal and replace it with solar panels and windmills.
A bulletin for Washington:
- You can’t effectively store electricity.
- What do you do when the wind doesn’t blow or blows too fast?
- What do you do with solar panels at night?
Solar panels have certain applications, but not for massive power generation.
We must have reliable, reserve 24-hour power capacity!
Ask yourself, what would happen if we lost electricity for 1, 2 or 3 days? We would face utter chaos!
- No gas for your car…pumps won’t work.
- Stores would be out of food.
- Banking and commerce would crash.
- You would not be able to charge your cell phone.
- Life as we know it would not exist.
Remember this when you hear the EPA and other government agencies come up with their unworkable ideas.
Washington vs. the People
Many leaders in Washington have lost touch with reality.
We are tired of being told what we should eat and what size soda we can buy. We want Washington to leave us alone and quit wasting our tax dollars.
America is the greatest country on earth. Unfortunately, some people who think “Government Knows Best” want to destroy our engine of success.
We need leadership in Washington. How do I define leadership?
Doing the right things at the right time!
I suggest that Washington start listening to the silent majority. We are tired of being pushed around. We want our government to start doing the right things…to support success and not disrupt it!
We must keep America great!